IT Functional Skills
This course is suitable for people with a basic knowledge of IT, who want to further develop their skills further and gain a recognised qualification.
- Word Processing, creating documents such as letters, reports and mail merges.
- Spreadsheets, keeping a track of a budget, producing detailed charts and managing data.
- PowerPoint, creating a professional looking presentation.
- Database. Managing and manipulating data.
- Using the Internet, Surfing the web like a pro, downloading file and communicating globally.
- Using email, sending and receiving electronic correspondence instantly.
Is this course suitable for me?
This course is ideal for beginners or for those with a very basic knowledge of I.T. Improve your skills and confidence in using computers and gain a recognised qualification. Effectively use I.T at home and work by learning how to send emails, use the internet, use word processing and spreadsheets.
How will I be assessed?
You will undertake a variety of computer based tasks throughout the course with ongoing instruction and supervision from the tutor. You will complete a formal assessment at the end of each unit.
Do I need any previous qualifications?
To study this course you do not need to have any previous knowledge or qualifications. At the start of the course you will complete assessments in Literacy and Numeracy. These are marked by the tutor and are purely to identify if you require extra support in class. It also allows the tutor to meet your specific learning needs throughout the course.
Will I have to pay for this course?
The course fee is £49.00 and is payable at the start of the course. You may be exempt from fees if you are in receipt of state benefits. To enrol on this course you will need to provide your N.I Number, a form of I.D such as a driving license or passport and proof of any state benefits you are receiving.