Careers Advice & Guidance
Careers guidance is your passport to the future. We have highly experienced, specialist advisers who, together with your progress tutor, help you make the right choice for your future.
At college there will be opportunities to take part in events such as the Higher Education Fair, educational and employer visits. Whatever your ultimate destination we can help you get there.
Our Careers Coordinator Diane Bate is available to see students; 8am – 2pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Diane is available for careers advise by appointment only for the first 6 weeks. Please sign up for a time on the boards outside the Resource Centre. Please note only one student at a time in the room.
Essential Guide to your Career
Please find below a selection of leaflets designed to help you choose your career pathway.
Tees Valley Careers
Links, tips and adverts for apprenticeship schemes in the area.
Degree Apprenticeship Opportunities
Here you will find job opportunities as well as tips and techniques for job interviews.
KPMG’s Audit Apprenticeship and KPMG360° Digital Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship are available for students looking to get a head start in their career after leaving school or college. Starting in autumn 2020, those joining will receive the training, qualifications and experience they need to thrive in the world of business and the tools to support them in their transition into the world of work.
Outreach North East Guide to University Events – search for specific degree subject for virtual events taking place in the coming weeks
Pearson College London – virtual tours, open days, degree apprenticeship virtual events
For more virtual events visit UK University Search
Virtual Work Experience
There are currently lots of Virtual Work Experience opportunities available to students, please see below:
High Tide Foundation – Created to give young people the opportunity to see the careers available in the Tees Valley. Here is a Q&A, where four members of the organisation discussed the importance of work experience.
Careers Events in College
Please note – all events will be online/virtual until after Christmas.
- Tuesday 29th September, 1:30pm – Personal Statement (how to write one) Year 2 only (delivered by York St John University via Unibuddy)
- Tuesday 20th October, 1:30pm – Prepare for your medical school interview, Year 2 only (delivered by University of Leeds)
- Tuesday 3rd November, 1:30pm – Prepare for your Nursing (or any health) interview (delivered by York St John University)
- Tuesday 10th November, 1pm – 2pm – Oxbridge Interviews Session
- Tuesday 30th November, 11:15am – Year 1 medics, make the most of Year 12 (delivered by Leeds School of Medicine)