It is difficult to escape the effects of the world of business as every aspect of our lives is touched by the work of profit and non-profit- making organisations. Business studies provides the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how such organisations function and manage their resources in order to meet a range of tactical and strategic objectives.
The first year of the course includes the following topics/themes:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision-making
- Decision-making to improve marketing performance
- Decision-making to improve operational performance
- Decision-making to improve financial performance
- Decision-making to improve human resource performance.
You will be suited to Business Studies if you:
- Are interested in current national and international business issues, and actively read daily newspapers
- Want to understand about the choices facing organisations, and how decisions are made
- Enjoy analysing case studies
- Wish to pursue a career in management, economics, business, finance, etc.