Business Studies – A Level
It is difficult to escape the effects of the world of business as every aspect of our lives are touched by the work of profit and none profit making organisations. Business studies provides the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how such organisations function and manage their resources in order to meet a range of tactical and strategic objectives.
The first year of the course includes the following topics/themes:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
You will be suited to Business Studies if you:
- Are interested in current national and international business issues, and actively read daily newspapers
- Want to understand about the choices facing organisations, and how decisions are made
- Enjoy analysing case studies
- Wish to pursue a career in management, economics, business, finance, etc.