Psychology – A Level
Psychology is the study of the mind and behaviour. If you choose to study Psychology, you may find the answers to questions such as:
- Why is eye-witness testimony inaccurate?
- Why are some people more aggressive than others?
- How might phobias develop?
- Why do people do as they are told?
There are topics which are common to both the first and second year of the course and cover aspects such as:
- Should psychologists be allowed to experiment on humans?
- What sort of behaviour would you call ‘abnormal’?
In the second year you would look at topics such as:
- Are criminals born or made?
- Can psychiatrists reliably tell the difference between people who are sane and those who are insane?
- Do psychopaths think differently from non-psychopaths?
- Do adverts influence children’s behaviour?