Spanish – A Level
A stimulating and challenging course, highly respected by all universities and a useful preparation for a wide variety of careers.
A Level Spanish is a demanding but highly rewarding qualification which will take you well beyond GCSE, giving you a thorough grounding in the language, the essentials and the complexities of grammar and syntax, enabling you to use Spanish to discuss and find out about a wide range of topics such as:
- What is the Basque terrorist organisation ETA all about?
- Spanish twentieth century film: Buñuel, Almodovar, Amenabar – from surrealism to melodrama
- The Fiesta Brava: can bullfighting still be justified?
- Crime and punishment, cloning and nuclear energy
- Women’s rights in post Francoist Spain
- Digging up the dead: should modern Spain unearth her gory past?
All this and much more in a course that combines linguistic skills with analytical thinking and evidence-based reasoning. Self-reliance skills and adaptability are developed by those who participate in exchanges with a Spanish school. We also run a highly successful work experience scheme with links in Santander, Northern Spain, previous students have had placements at a Spanish radio station, the local n Parliament of Cantabria, hotels and pharmacies.