I would like to thank you for the cooperation and efforts you have made in adhering to the safety rules to help prevent the increase of Covid-19 since your return to the college. Your compliance with face covering in communal areas and classrooms has been greatly acknowledged and appreciated by us all; we recognise that this can be sometimes uncomfortable but is an essential action.
Return to college:
After the Easter break, you will return to your face to face full-time learning on the college site. The timetables will be ready for your viewing during the holidays from next week. In order to procure this arrangement for the rest of the term, we would like the whole college community to adhere to the following direction:
- Face covering to be worn in all parts of the college where a distance of two metres cannot be maintained.
- It is imperative to follow the seating plan put in place by your teachers – this helps to accurately identify close contacts of a positive case thereby self-isolating students correctly.
- Utilise Sports Hall during breaks to avoid large crowds in common social areas.
- Please sanitise your hands, as you always do, on entry to the college buildings and classrooms.
- Do not come to the college if you or your household member/s display any of the Covid-19 symptoms and follow the government guidance shared with you previously.
- Continue with the asymptomatic testing as guided by the college’s lateral flow test team.
- Be kind and considerate towards local residents when you go out to buy your lunch (even better if you bring one from home or purchase from the college canteen) – make space for elderly and maintain social distancing as your civic responsibility.
End of year arrangements:
The official end date for Year 13 is 14 June – the last two weeks will be focused on access to sufficient guidance to secure onward progression routes. This also applies to level one and two students in Endeavour.
Year 12 students will continue their learning and assessment till Wednesday, 07 July at Stockton and Thursday, 08 July at Prior.
We will be guided by the government on holding face to face farewell events and progression gatherings for the whole year groups and see what is permitted. Alternatively, we will have arrangements in place to ensure that students depart from the college with a rewarding year-end experience and a fully determined progression route.
Final assessed grades:
We will be issued with the guidance on how to determine the final grades very soon. You will receive an email with the guidance shortly after the Easter holidays – this applies to students who are due to have their programmes examined or accredited this summer (A level final year, BTECs, level one and level two). Meanwhile, Year 13 students must follow the revision programmes outlined by their teachers to prepare for KAG 6. We are planning to complete all assessments by the end of May except some exceptional circumstances. Year 12 students must continue to revise all the taught topics in preparation for KAG 3 starting from 14 June. Students in Endeavour will receive further communication on their assessments.
If you need to clarify any of these issues, please refer to your progress tutors.
My colleagues and I would like to acknowledge that despite some tough circumstances this year, your motivation for learning remained high and you impress us every day with your perseverance.
Enjoy your Easter break , rest and revise!
Principal of Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College.