This course is made up of a combination of different units that will give learners an understanding of health and social care in the wider contexts of different environments and settings where care takes place.
Within the Health Care Course there are two options to consider:
- The Level 3 Extended Certificate which is equivalent to 1 full A Level – over 2 years
- The level 3 Diploma which is equivalent to 2 full A Levels – over 2 years.
Both courses contain units on:
- Building positive relationships in health & social care
- Diversity and rights in health & social care
- Health, safety & security in health & social care
- Anatomy & physiology for health & social care.
The Diploma also includes units on:
- Nutrition for health
- Supporting people with learning disabilities
- Supporting people with mental health conditions.
- Infection control
- Person centred approach.
Both options contain a combination of coursework and exam assessments and will prepare you to study in a Higher Education Institution either on a health and social care-related degree course or to support an application for a range of other degree courses.
Students are encouraged to complete work experience as it offers a valuable insight into the health and care sector and will enable you to apply this to your learning in the classroom.