‘This is a Good college,’ Ofsted 2019
Prior Pursglove and Stockton Sixth Form College has been judged to be a ‘Good’ college in its recent Ofsted inspection. Read the full report.
The college secured a Grade 2 ‘Good’ rating across all areas; overall effectiveness, outcomes for learners, teaching, learning and assessment, leadership and management, adult learning and special education needs provision.
After a historic merger in 2016, the first of its kind for over 16 years, this is the first full inspection for the previously ‘good’ colleges as a merged college.
In the published report, available online, Ofsted noted:
- The college has very successfully created a culture of mutual respect and tolerance
- The behaviour of students is excellent in classes and public areas of the college
- Students benefit from a wide range of enrichment activities that help them to develop a good understanding about other cultures, religions and a range of other diversity-related themes
- Students receive good, impartial careers advice and guidance. This enables students to make well-informed choices about course and qualification options and to plan their next steps.
- Students progress to meaningful destinations when they complete their programmes, including university, higher-level apprenticeships and work
- Teachers nurture students’ enthusiasm and build on their prior knowledge by using a variety of interesting activities in lessons. As a result, students are keen to learn and talk enthusiastically and knowledgeably about the topics that they are studying